Eve Online Free 21-Day Trial

Eve Online Buddy Program.
Try Eve Online for free with this extended 21-day trial.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Slower than I had hoped.

I definitely have picked a less than optimal time to begin this trade character.  Had I started a few weeks earlier, then I could have fairly easily cashed in on some of these Rubicon changes.  PI materials related to POCO construction are doing very well, and although I'm doing well in some other projects, beginning trading is a bit slower than I had hoped.  The good news is that with the big boys playing with their billion ISK toys, and the slightly less big boys saving up for them, then maybe(?) it's creating some room down here for me to start my little empire.

Liquid ISK has been a little on the short side, and its been affecting my skill book purchases for personal use.  I'm currently training some miscellaneous ship piloting skills with Trade V at the end.  Hopefully by the time this queue is finished  (~4.5 days), I will have saved enough to purchase Accounting & Marketing.  

I'm holding off on Margin Trading for the moment, as I'm focusing on regional sell orders only.  I've set a 25% profit margin for the time being for any items I sell.  This is because my skills aren't that great yet, so I'm spending a good percentage on taxes and fees, and I'm giving myself some room to compete in these mostly unknown markets.

My strategy so far is to focus on low volume, high margin items, mostly skillbooks and BPOs.  I purchase low quantities of these items and diversify as much as possible.  Out of my total 53 orders, about 45-50 are being used every day.  In a given day, I have been selling about half of my current stock.

I'm logging in about twice each day;  once to update orders in the morning for about 10 minutes, and once in the evening to fly to Jita or surrounding areas for products to sell.   I think my strategy is paying off, only time will tell.

Wallet Balance : 14,253,713.99
Assets:               7,988,482.73
Sell Orders:        59,973,483.34
Total =               82,215,680.06 ISK.
Or about 16.5m ISK/day

No comments:

Post a Comment